Saturday, December 2, 2017

event 1

This semester one event I attended was the Advising meeting for YDEV. My intentions for this event was to come and help other students form their schedules and work myric and give them feedback and experiences on classes that I have taken in the past. When arriving at the meeting there were more seniors than those who needed help with their schedules so I tried to make myself as much useful as I could. But for me the advising for YDEV is one of the aspects that make this community so strong. The YDEV professors have constructed a plan of study that lays out all of the classes you have taken or the classes you need to take and when. This is so powerful for students because it sets us up for success instead of taking shots in the dark guessing what type of classes to take which eventually could make the student fall behind. I have loved the aspect of advising since I joined YDEV and it is so different coming from a teaching community where you are thrown at oasis who have no clue who you are and just take a wild guess on what will work for you the following semester. The Advising meeting to me displays the anchor of leading with because the plan of study sets us up for success. It provides the opportunity to visually see what is completed and what needs to be met.


No comments:

Post a Comment